Returns and Exchanges
At Scout Alarm, we pride ourselves on building the best DIY home security system on the market. However, if you’d like to return Scout for any reason, we want to make the return process as painless as possible. Use the links below to learn more about Scout returns.
Scout Alarm Return Policy
Does Scout have a return policy?
Yes, Scout offers a 60 day return policy. If your order is eligible for a return, you will receive a full refund (shipping included). You can review our policy in full below.
Does Scout accept returns from Amazon?
We do not accept returns on items purchased from Amazon. Items purchased from Amazon are subject to Amazon’s return policy.
I’d like to return my Scout system.
We’re sorry to see you go. If there’s anything we can do to improve your Scout experience, shoot us an email at email@example.com. Otherwise, please see below for instructions for returning your system.
I’d like to return one (or more) of my devices. I ordered too many!
No problem! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to assist you with your return.
I’d like to exchange a sensor for a different color/type of sensor.
To exchange your sensor, simply follow the return instructions at the bottom of this article. We’ll send you a free return label for the sensors you’d like to exchange. New sensors can be purchased from our online store here.
- Scout Alarm only accepts returns for items purchased at www.scoutalarm.com. Orders/items purchased via www.amazon.com must be returned to Amazon and are subject to Amazon’s return policy.
- Returns or refunds are not valid on orders shipped and/or used internationally.
- Returns must be received by Scout within 60 days from the original date of receipt. Once a refund is issued, please allow 5-10 business days for the funds to return to your payment method.
- All Scout products purchased through other retailers must be returned in accordance with the retailer’s respective return and refund policies.
- To ensure a full refund, please repackage your Scout products with all cords, adapters, and documentation that were included with the original packaging.
- Once items are received, they will be evaluated for eligibility of a full refund. If an item is heavily damaged, we reserve the right to process a 10% restocking fee or declare the item ineligible for a refund.
- Once a return is received, please allow up to 72 hours for your return to be processed.
- Note for customers purchasing with Affirm: Affirm will only issue your refund if Scout Alarm receives your returned items and processes the refund within 120 days from the date of purchase. After Scout processes the refund, Affirm will credit any payments you have made on your loan, up to the amount of the refund and excluding any interest incurred by Affirm, to your original form of payment within 3 to 10 business days.
Follow the steps below to submit a return.
- Send an email to email@example.com to let us know that you’d like a return. If possible, please include original order number.
- You will receive an email from Scout Alarm's Customer Experience team with a free UPS return label and additional return instructions. Use the UPS label to return your Scout devices. To prevent damage or sticking during shipping, please ensure any exposed adhesive is fully covered.
- After we receive your return, please allow an additional 72 hours for our team to process and evaluate your return. If an item is heavily damaged, we may process a 10% restocking fee or declare the item ineligible for a refund. You'll be notified via email once the refund has been initiated back to your payment method on file.
If you have any other questions about your return, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.